Swan Volunteer Centre
Swan Volunteer Centre (SVC) is an initiative of the City of Swan and is supported by funding from the Department for Communities.
The centre provides a free community service with a dual purpose. First, we provide a central point for enquiries from potential volunteers and assist them to find the not-for-profit community organisation most suited to their skills and interests. Second, we’re a support resource for the City of Swan’s 170 plus not-for-profit community organisations and assist them to find the volunteers most suited to their needs.
We provide a range of services and support including:
- Assisting members of the community to find suitable volunteering roles;
- Providing resources and support to potential volunteers;
- Providing information on volunteering to groups and individuals;
- Sourcing volunteers for not-for-profit organisations;
- Offering support to volunteer coordinators and ensure best management practice;
- Provide current information to not-for-profit organisations about recruitment strategies and resources;
- Promoting and increasing the profile of volunteering throughout the community;
- Producing e-newsletters and information on volunteering trends.
Interested in Volunteering?
Why not have a read through some of the important information available that outlines the questions to think about when becoming a volunteer or the steps involved? The types of positions available are listed below, and more information can be found on the Swan Volunteer Centre resource website. You may also be interested to find out about volunteer rights and responsibilities when making your decision.
Volunteering is a rewarding and fulfilling activity, so if you'd like to make a difference in your community, meet loads of new people and become part of our growing family of volunteers, call us on 9278 9690, or complete the volunteer registration form and vist the centre.
Our volunteers provide vital assistance and support in so many different ways across numerous not-for-profit community organisations and City of Swan Business Units.
Some of the positions available include:
Swan Community Care
- Bus drivers
- Activity assistants
- Office assistants
Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade
- Fire fighter
Swan Valley Visitor Centre
- Tourism officer
- Booking assistant
City of Swan Libraries
- Home Library service
- Administration assistance
Art & Culture
- Gallery attendants
- Visual art assistant
- Theatre assistant
- Hyper Youth Festival
- Residents Groups
- Midland Movies
- Harmony Week Celebrations
The opportunities are endless, with over 480 volunteer positions available! You can find a comprehensive list of these positions on the Swan Volunteer Centre website.
Swan Volunteer Centre is a member of the Volunteer Centre Alliance of WA (all volunteer centres in WA), Volunteering WA – (VWA -Peak Body for Volunteering in WA) and Volunteering Australia – (VA ) - Peak Body for Volunteering in Australia.