Buy West Eat Best Restaurant Program
The City of Swan is working with the Department of Agriculture and Food for its Buy West Eat Best (BWEB) Restaurant Program. The program is part of the department’s broader successful BWEB food labelling initiative that supports the local food industry in Western Australia.
The innovative program highlights the important role restaurants play in attracting visitors to the Swan Valley and their commitment to promoting the best local produce as a humane food region.
Some of the benefits for members include invitations to attend field trips to WA’s food producing regions, trade days where chefs can meet new producers and sample supplies as well as many other networking forums.
Significantly, membership will incorporate widespread social media coverage including competitions and promotions via the Buy West Eat Best platform which has more than 12,000 followers. There is also a section that will offer various marketing tools and multiple links to relevant sites and businesses.
To celebrate the launch of the restaurant program, there is an opportunity for the first 30 City of Swan businesses that qualify and register for the program, to receive a 50 percent subsidy on their annual membership fee.
Participating restaurants must commit to ensuring at least 70 per cent of entrée and main meals on the menu have WA produce as the main ingredient.
Successful applicants can then use the Buy West Eat Best logo and participate in marketing activities under a licence agreement.
Benefits of membership include:
- Invitations for chefs and restaurant staff to attend quarterly field trips to WA’s food producing regions
- Bi-annual metro ‘trade days’ in sundowner format where chefs are able to meet new producers and sample seasonal wares
- Rotating social media competitions and promotions via BWEB’s social media platform (12,000+ followers)
- Opportunity to be involved with BWEB recipe development activities and promotional events (fee based)
- Access to a Members Only log-in section on the website (under development) which offers:
- Business resources such as marketing, social media, HR etc
- Supplier information by region and by category
- Research documents
To register your interest in the BWEB restaurant program contact Robin Birch Robin.Birch@agric.wa.gov.au.