Access & inclusion

Enhancing the quality of life for everyone in our community is an important goal for the City of Swan. A major part of any community's health and wellness involves social contact, physical activity and mental wellbeing. In recognition of this, the City coordinates several programs to enhance social inclusion, as well as working with diverse community groups and individuals to support local initiatives. To find out what's on offer and how the City can help, contact us on 9267 9267.

Disability Access and Inclusion Plan

To ensure the City of Swan's services and facilities enable maximum accessibility to the community and business, a Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP)(PDF, 1MB) has been developed.

Access and mobility map

An easy to read, fold-out, access and mobility map(PDF, 1MB) shows you where all the accessible facilities are within the Midland town centre, including kerb ramps, handrails, toilets, ACROD parking and wheelchair access.

The map also shows transport services including bus and train stations. If you'd like a copy of the map, please contact the Lifespan Services Business Support Officer on 9267 9374 or call into any of the City's libraries or Place offices.

Swan Community Care Services

City of Swan community care services offers practical help to the frail aged and people with disability. The aim is to help eligible clients to enhance their quality of life, maintain independence and prevent premature entry into residential care.

Community Care's head office in Midland manages client assessments, information and advocacy, day centres (including dementia specific), home-based respite, carer support, personal care, domestic assistance, home maintenance and community transport.

If you're interested in finding out more about community care services, please contact 9267 9055.

Disability services

There are many agencies within the City of Swan that provide services and facilities for people with a disability. For help in accessing these services, please contact the Disability Services Commission.


If you have a temporary or permanent disability, you can apply for an ACROD parking permit. This is a permit that allows you to access designated parking bays throughout the City of Swan. ACROD bays are placed and signed in public off-street car parks in Midland, Guildford, Malaga and Ellenbrook.

To be eligible for a permit, you must:

  • have a severe mobility impairment, where walking more than 50 metres causes the physical condition to deteriorate; and/or
  • require the use of a mobility/medical aid (eg wheelchair, crutches, walking frame or oxygen), which necessitates a wide bay for ease in an out of a vehicle.

For more information about ACROD permits, visit