Film & photography requests
The City of Swan is full of unique and interesting places that are perfect for both filming and photography.
If you are interested in filming or photography for commercial purposes, on or in public land or buildings, then please contact us on (08) 9267 9267 to ensure the relevant approvals are granted.
As a minimum, we require you to provide:
- A copy of your Certificate of Currency for Public Liability
- The filming location (all locations if more than one)
- The date and time of filming
- The number of people involved on the day (cast & crew)
- Brief description of the project including:
- Purpose of the project
- Description of the filming activity (i.e. what will happen on the day)
- Details of any special equipment in use on the day (i.e. is power required, generators, lighting, smoke machines, dollies, scaffolding etc).
The current minimum requirements for insurances for the City of Swan to consider your application are as follows:
- Public Liability $10m
- Product Liability $10m and
- Professional Indemnity $5m.
If you wish to use the City's roads while filming, you will need to submit a Traffic Management Plan for authorisation by the City well before your intended dates of filming.
We are also more than happy to assist with searches for locations and/or venues to help you find just what you are looking for.
Please note: News media are exempt from the requirement to gain approvals.