City's response to COVID-19
Last updated: Friday April 30, 2021 (2.50pm AWST)
Following the Premier's announcement on Thursday April 29, 2021, the restrictions for the Perth and Peel regions will be lifted from 12.01am Saturday May 1, 2021, with a small number of restrictions remaining.
This means that the following services and facilities will return to their pre-lockdown operating levels from Saturday May 1, 2021 or their first day of operation thereafter:
- The City’s Administration Building and Place Offices
- City of Swan libraries (in-library programs will return from Monday May 3).
- Swan Community Care clubs and outings groups will recommence from Monday May 3.
- Bookable halls and venues
- Playgrounds, skate parks, BMX parks
- The Swan Valley Visitor Centre
- Bullsbrook Recycling Centre and the Containers for Change refund point
- Ellenbrook Arts, including the Sister Project opening event which rescheduled to Saturday May 1.
- Midland Junction Arts Centre (MJAC)
- Outdoor sporting venues
- Swan Active facilities
- Youth Centres
- The Swan Volunteer Resource Centre
The City’s waste and general recycling bin pickups and verge collections are considered an essential service and have continued as normal throughout lockdown and restriction period.
Council meetings will recommence this week with the May 7, Agenda Forum. The City is also please to confirm that the number of people who can attend a council meeting has been increased but registration is still required.
Important information for visiting City facilities
Every Western Australian needs to play their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. If you are visiting any City facilities, please make sure you are:
- wearing a face mask,
- following good hygiene habits,
- physical distancing, and
- registering via the SafeWA App or the paper register available.
It’s up to each of us to protect our community and the pre-lockdown way of life we have been accustomed to. If you’re feeling unwell, go and get tested and stay home. Testing at COVID-19 clinics is free.
While the City’s Administration Centre is open and maintains regular business hours, we encourage you to contact the City on 9267 9267, or by contacting us online.
Important numbers and websites
- WA Government COVID-19 website
- WA Government COVID-19 website - translated resources in languages other than English.
- City of Swan general COVID-19 information or seeking support - 9267 9267, select option 3
- National Coronavirus Hotline - 1800 020 080
- WA COVID-19 Hotline - 13COVID (132 68 43)
- Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line - 1800 171 866