The area comprising Aveley was once part of the suburb of Ellenbrook.
Ballajura derives its name from the farm originally pioneered by the Kerruish, Eaton and Creer families.
The name “Baskerville” was the namesake of an estate owned by prominent Perth landowner William Tanner in 1831.
The suburb now known as Beechboro dates back to 1877, when Henry Brockman divided the land into several large lots.
This suburb takes its name directly from the name given to the Swan Valley property “Belhus”, acquired by George Hardey Barrett-Lennard in 1897.
Bellevue is a variation of “Belle View”, which was the property name used by Edward Robinson when he built a homestead in the area in 1897.
A new suburb for the City, Bennett Springs encompasses the residential estates of Orchid Park and Bennett Springs.
The suburb of Brabham was created in May 2011.
Long before its name became the title of a 1947 musical, the area was owned by the Brigadoon Pastoral Company.
City of Swan
Address: 2 Midland Square, Midland,
Tel: (08) 9267 9267
Fax: (08) 9267 9444
Postal Address: PO Box 196, Midland,
The City of Swan acknowledges the Whadjuk (Noongar) people, who are the traditional custodians of this country. We pay respect to their culture, history and their elders past and present.