Become part of the City's Waste Advisory Group
Published on 10 August 2018
Have your say about the future of waste management in the City.
We are seeking expressions of interest from residents and business representatives to form part of a new Waste Advisory Group. There are eight volunteer positions available.
The Waste Advisory Group will be made up of:
- Three elected City Councillors
- Eight selected community representatives
- City of Swan staff
The group will together make recommendations to the City to help the community reduce waste. Positions are voluntary and therefore unpaid.
The community representatives will need to:
- Live or have business in the City of Swan.
- Possess a wide knowledge base and an interest in the community issues surrounding waste and recycling.
- Be available for Waste Advisory Group meetings as required. The regular meetings will initially occur every two months, and then as determined by the committee. The meetings will be held after 4pm on a weekday.
- Be comfortable engaging with a wide range of stakeholders in the waste/recycling industry (residents, businesses, community groups, Council, other government and private organisations.
- Have the ability to research, analyse and translate waste/recycling issues back to the Waste Advisory Group, with recommendations and suggestions.
- Have the ability to work effectively in a team and individually.
- Update and report to the community in an effective and timely manner.
Applications must include:
- A short letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- A current resume and details of work experience.
- A concise written response to each of the selection criteria.
Experience and knowledge in waste management is not essential. If you think you have what it takes to represent your community on this important issue, we invite you to submit your current CV and a brief statement outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Monday September 24, 2018. All submissions received by the due date will be considered by the City, against the selection criteria.