Reconciliation Action Plan Advisory Group - Nominations open
Published on 28 February 2019
The City of Swan is developing its Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and is calling for nominations for membership to the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) Advisory Group.
The primary objective of the Advisory Group is to make recommendations and agree on actions to be taken by the City relating to:
- Development of a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), that includes all of Reconciliation Australia’s minimum elements for endorsement, within the context of the City of Swan’s Strategic Community Plan and core business.
- The establishment of a collaborative and consultative process for engaging community members so that they can provide ideas for the RAP and feedback on RAP draft documents to the internal working group (Maali Boodja Kaartdijin) and Council.
- Where practicable, work collaboratively with City of Swan in carrying out selected actions, to achieve specified RAP goals.
The Advisory Group will also act upon matters referred for consideration by Council resolution.
Eligibility for membership as a Community Representative must include meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who live, work or have connections within the City of Swan;
- Non-Aboriginal City of Swan residents who would like to contribute to reconciliation within the City of Swan;
- Aboriginal Community Groups and other organisations supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community who have operations with the City of Swan.
If you are passionate about reconciliation we invite you to complete this Reconciliation Action Plan Advisory Group Nomination Form by March 25, 2019.
For further information please contact Garry Fisher, Manager Lifespan Services on 9278 9645 or by email RAP@swan.wa.gov.au