Published on 18 September 2019
Candidate nominations have now closed for the City of Swan Council elections that will take place on October 19.
The City has received 24 candidate nominations across the five Wards with eight seats to be contested. Each vacancy is for a four-year term on Council.
The breakdown of the contested seats by Ward is as follows:
- Altone Ward – One vacancy
- Midland / Guildford Ward – Two vacancies
- Pearce Ward – Two vacancies
- Swan Valley / Gidgegannup Ward – One vacancy
- Whiteman Ward – Two vacancies
Election packages will be lodged with Australia Post on September 25.
For further information please visit the Council Elections section of the City’s website.