Become a part of the City of Swan’s Roadwise Advisory Group
Published on 25 September 2019
Have your say about the future of road safety in the City.
We are seeking expressions of interest from residents and businesses to form part of our Roadwise Advisory Group. There are five volunteer member positions available. The group also includes representation from Council, City administration, Western Australia Local Government Association (WALGA) and relevant State Government agencies.
Together, the group will provide a forum for community liaison and advice on the planning, development and implementation of road safety programs and initiatives in the City of Swan.
Positions are voluntary and therefore unpaid.
The community representatives will need to:
- Reside or have a business in the City of Swan.
- Ideally represent a specific road user group, such as cyclists, emergency services, walking clubs or vehicle clubs.
- Ideally represent a specific section of the community such as seniors, people with disabilities, and school or community service organisations.
- Have an interest/experience in general road safety.
- Be available for Roadwise Advisory Group meetings as required. Regular meetings will occur bi-monthly. The meetings will be held after 5pm on a weekday, usually Thursdays.
- Have the ability to work effectively in a team and individually.
- Update and report to the community in an effective and timely manner.
Applications must include:
- A short letter outlining suitability for the role.
- A current resume and details of work experience.
- A concise written response to each of the selection criteria.
Experience and knowledge of road safety is not essential. If you think you have what it takes to represent your community on this important issue, we invite you to submit your current resume and a brief statement outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by close of business, Friday, October 11, 2019.