Applications open for Tourism and Travel Agent Support Fund
Published on 07 September 2021
Applications for the $16.8 million WA Tourism and Travel Agent Support Fund opened on Monday, September 6.
Co-funded by the Commonwealth and State governments, the fund offers one-off payments between $2,000 and $10,000 to eligible WA businesses impacted by COVID-19 restrictions in the Eastern States.
Applications are open to accommodation providers, businesses which provide tourism attractions and experiences, tour operators, travel and tour transport services, and travel agents.
The following funding amounts will be available:
- $2,000 for all sole traders or businesses that do not employ staff (no minimum or maximum turnover);
- $2,000 for employing businesses with an annual turnover of more than $50,000 and up to $100,000;
- $5,000 for employing businesses with an annual turnover of more than $100,000 and up to $1 million; and
- $10,000 for employing businesses with an annual turnover of more than $1 million and up to $10 million.
In order to be eligible, businesses must be:
- Registered with Tourism WA as a previous grant recipient or as part of the agency's marketing campaigns in 2020 or 2021; or
- A member of, or accredited through, a relevant tourism organisation (as of Sunday August 22); or
- A travel agent that has been offering domestic or New Zealand product to travellers.
Businesses must also have an active and valid ABN and be located in Western Australia.
Applicants need to show they have had a minimum 30 per cent decrease in annual turnover as a result of the lockdowns and restrictions in the Eastern States since June.
For more information, or to apply, visit https://www.tourism.wa.gov.au/WA-Tourism-Funding-Programs
Applications close on September 30, 2021.