Changes to Agenda Forums and Council Meetings
Published on 27 March 2020
The City of Swan has made the difficult decision to suspend Agenda Forums, in light of the evolving COVID-19 situation and following the latest advice from the Federal and State governments.
Council meetings will continue on a four-weekly cycle, however the public will no longer be able to attend Council meetings in person for the foreseeable future.
Our first priority is the health and wellbeing of our community, Councillors and staff. This decision has been made to prevent the spread of the virus.
Decision-making by Council, and ensuring our community has an opportunity to have their say on matters presented to Council for decision, will continue in a different format.
The following changes are now in effect:
- Agenda Forums have been suspended.
- Written deputations on agenda items will be received and these will be provided to Councillors. All deputations will be published on the City's website as Notes of the Agenda Forum.
- All written deputations are to be submitted in writing to the City via firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on the Wednesday on which the Agenda Forum would normally be held.
- The deputation should contain the following information:
- If you agree with or object to the staff recommendation in the report.
- Your reasons for agreeing with or objecting to the recommendation.
- Contact details (phone or email) for questions from Councillors via phone or email (only if you agree to have these provided to Councillors) so they can follow up any queries with you directly.
- Council meetings are still held at 6.00pm in the Council Chambers, however members of the public are not be permitted to attend in person. You are invited to live-stream the meetings.
- Questions for Council meetings will need to be submitted in writing prior to the meeting. The process for receiving and providing answers to written questions will remain unchanged.
- The City requests that only questions relating to items on the agenda or essential questions be submitted at this time to allow staff to focus on their duties during this challenging time.
The City requests only questions relating to items on the agenda or essential questions be submitted at this time to allow staff to focus on their duties during this challenging time.