Special Meeting of Council to be held on September 9
Published on 08 September 2020
In accordance with section 5.4 of the Local Government Act 1995, a Special Meeting of Council has been called by at least one third of Councillors.
The Special Meeting of Council will be held on Wednesday, 9 September, commencing at 4.30pm, in the Council Chambers, Midland Town Hall, Great Eastern Highway, Midland.
The purpose of the meeting is to consider the following:
1. Meeting Procedures Local Law
- Proposal to resume the full City of Swan Meeting Procedures local law.
2. Stirling Street, Guildford Parking
- Proposal to undertake consultation with residents who may be impacted by the proposed no parking signage on Stirling Street, Guildford at the junction of Meadow Street, including residents of Stirling Street, Sutherland Close, Hugh Street and Bertie Street.
3. CEO Recruitment
- Proposal to appoint an independent probity advisor to advise Council on CEO recruitment at council and committee meetings and conduct interviews with candidates.
- Proposal to appoint an independent performance review expert to advise Council on CEO recruitment at council and committee meetings and conduct interviews with candidates.
Please note matter 3 will be closed to members of the public in accordance with 5.23 of the Local Government Act 1995 as it is:
(a) a matter affecting an employee or employees.
(c) a contract entered into, or which may be entered into, by the local government and which relates to a matter to be discussed at the meeting.