Carers Recognition Act
Carers play a vital role in our community. Their commitment and dedication help thousands of people to maintain a level of independence and normalcy in their lives. In recognition of their exceptional work, the City of Swan offers different ways to support carers.
The City complies with the Carers Recognition Act and adheres to the principles as set out in the Western Australian Carers Charter:
- Carers must be treated with respect and dignity.
- The role of carers must be recognised by including carers in the assessment, planning, delivery and review of services that impact on them and the role of carers.
- The views and needs of carers must be taken into account along with the views, needs and best interests of people receiving care when decisions are made that impact on carers and the role of carers.
- Complaints made by carers in relation to services that impact on them and the role of carers must be given due attention and consideration.
- Staff make every effort to involve carers in the assessment process and service delivery. When any issue arises staff will treat the matter with due care and consideration and endeavour to find a satisfactory outcome.