Extreme financial hardship
If you are experiencing genuine extreme financial hardship you may be eligible for interest on your outstanding rates for the 2017/18 financial year to be written off (up to $400).
To qualify for the interest write off on residential properties, the following conditions must be met:
- In the opinion of the CEO, the ratepayer is experiencing extreme and genuine financial hardship;
- The ratepayer's circumstances are supported by a hardship letter from a financial counsellor;
- The ratepayer is not a corporation or trustee;
- The ratepayer is not bankrupt or subject to a bankruptcy petition;
- The ratepayer has no outstanding rates as at June 30, 2017;
- The maximum interest amount to be written off is $400.
See the Extreme Financial Hardship Guideline(PDF, 38KB) for full details.
How to apply:
Ensure you meet the conditions as outlined in the Extreme Financial Hardship Guideline and submit the application(PDF, 35KB) along with the hardship letter from a financial counsellor.
You can submit your application using one of the following methods:
- City of Swan Administration Building
- City of Swan Library
- By Post - City of Swan PO Box 196 Midland WA 6936
If you'd like more information or to discuss your application please contact the City by phone on 9267 9267 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org