To make it as easy as possible to pay your rates, the City of Swan offers several different options.
You have the flexibility to pay your annual rates in full or by instalments.
Please ensure you have your rates notice handy before commencing to pay your rates online.
You can pay your rates online using:
- BPAY- through your own bank's online service
- BPOINT- a secure online credit card service from the CBA
- eServices payment gateway - we are currently upgrading this system to keep your information safe. During this period the eServices payment portal will be unavailable.
*The Commonwealth Bank of Australia is the preferred supplier of the Western Australian Local Government Association (WALGA).
MyPost Digital Mailbox
You can now receive and pay rates notices digitally. Activate your free digital mailbox in three steps:
1. Visit digitalmailbox.com.au and click 'sign up'.
2. Enter your personal details, including a valid email address.
3. Click the link in the email we send to verify your request.
If you wish to use BPAY, you'll need the Biller Code (7807) and your seven digit Reference Number, which is located on your rates notice under the BPAY Biller Code.
To pay by BPOINT visit the secure site and follow these simple steps:
- Enter your seven digit Reference Number, which is located under the Biller Code;
- Enter the amount you wish to pay (eg $123.00 can be entered as 123 or 123.00);
- Select your credit card (Amex, Mastercard or Visa);
- Enter your credit card number, expiry date and CVN (ie Card Verification Number). If you're paying by Visa or Mastercard, the CVN is the last 3 digits of the number on the back of your card. If you're paying by Amex, the CVN is a 4 digit number on the front of your card, above and to the left or right of the card number.
- Please note, only Amex, Visa and Mastercard credit cards are accepted.
- To find out more about BPOINT visit the bpoint website
Administration Centre Contact Details
Tel: 1300 276 468
You can pay your rates using Visa, Amex or Mastercard by calling us on the above number and following the voice prompts.
Please ensure you have your rates notice and credit card handy.
National Relay Service
If you require assistance from the National Relay Service, please use the following contact details:
TTY: 133 677
Voice: 1300 555 727
Language Translation and Interpretation Service
If you require assistance from the Interpretation Service, please use the following contact details:
Tel: 13 14 50
More information about what these services offer can be found on our Contact us page.
You can post your cheque or money order payment to the:
City of Swan
PO Box 196
Midland WA 6936
Please note for your own security, please do not send cash.
You can pay your rates in person at the City of Swan Administration Centre, all of our Libraries, or at any Australia Post Office.
Remember to take your Rates Notice with you.
Administration Centre Address
2 Midland Square, Cnr Morrison Road and Old Great Northern Highway in Midland.
8.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays).
- EFTPOS and
- Visa, Amex or Mastercard credit cards
Please note we have a maximum credit card limit of $30,000.
You can pay your rates at the following libraries:
Ellenbrook Community Library
Altone Park Public Library
Bullsbrook Community Library
Ballajura Public Library
Guildford Public Library
Midland Public Library
Gidgegannup Drop-Point Library
Please check the individual Library pages for their opening hours
- Visa, Amex or Mastercard
If paying at an Australia Post Office, remember to take your Rates Notice with you, as they'll need to scan the barcode.
Direct Debit ensures your rates are automatically paid from your savings or cheque account every fortnight. Plus, it's a simple way to smooth out all your bill payments, to help with budgeting.
To arrange for direct debit payments, simply complete the direct debit form(DOCX, 276KB) and return it to us using one of the following options:
fax: (+61) 08 9267 9444
post: City of Swan, PO Box 196, Midland WA 6936
Read the Online Direct Debit Application Terms and Conditions and Service Agreement(DOCX, 22KB) .
If you're unable to pay your rates in full, you may use the Four Instalment payment option (payment option 2) or contact the City to discuss arranging an individualised rates payment plan without incurring administration fees (penalty interest still applies).
Four Instalment Payment Option (payment option 2)
Paying by instalments can help to smooth out all your bill payments - particularly if you're budgeting.
The Four Instalment Payment Option allows you to pay your rates in four instalments. However, certain conditions apply when choosing this option:
- You must pay the first instalment by the due date specified on the Notice. Otherwise, this option will no longer be available to you and you'll need to pay the amount in full. If this happens, penalty interest of 11% pa will accrue on a daily basis on your rates charge and any applicable Additional Charges each day your rates remain unpaid (eligible pensioners/seniors excluded).
Council will charge interest of 5% per annum, added to all rates and applicable charges levied on ratepayers participating in the formal rate instalment program (eligible pensioners/seniors excluded).
Individualised Payment Plans
If you'd like to discuss the option of arranging an individualised payment plan, please contact the City.