Objecting to your Valuation

As a property owner, if you think your Basis of Valuation (GRV) / Unimproved Valuation (UV) is incorrect, you can query it either by letter or by filling out the Objection to Valuation form and sending it to:

The Valuer General, PO Box 2222, Midland WA 6936.

For more information, visit the Landgate website.

Objection against the Basis of Valuation applied to my property

If you decide to query your rates or interim notice, please keep the following in mind:

  1. Your written query must be made within 60 days from the date of issue of your Annual Rate Notice or Interim Rates. If you'd like more information, please contact the Valuer General's Office.
  2. You must still pay the required amount while your objection is being reviewed. If your rates are amended, an Interim Rate Notice will be sent to you.

How are my rates calculated?

Rate  x  Valuation  +  Additional Charges  =  Amount Due (Subject to minimum payment)

To check the Gross Rental Value (GRV), divide the GRV (located on the Annual Rate Notice) by 52. This gives you the amount that the Valuer General believes is a realistic weekly rental for your property. The Unimproved Valuation (UV) is based on site value (ie what the land is worth).  Find out more about how your rates are calculated .