Rates Prize Draw
A total of twelve early birds were rewarded with much more than a worm at the City of Swan's 2017 Rate’s Prize Draw.
Each year, the City holds the draw to reward its ratepayers for paying their rates in full and on time.
This year, close to $100,000 in prizes were awarded to the winners at a special event held at the Midland Town Hall last night.
City of Swan Mayor Mick Wainwright said the winners were selected randomly by a computer, and then asked to take part in the event where they could select their prize.
“It is a lot of fun and a great way to reward our ratepayers for being diligent and helping the City because by paying your rates on time you are not only contributing to making the City a better place to live, you are ensuring it can deliver essential services and infrastructure to the community all year round.”
Mayor Wainwright said the prizes were all purchased from local suppliers across the City.
“We have some very generous and community minded local businesses who were keen to help us reward our local community, for which we are very thankful.”
Two very lucky couples drove away with brand new cars from Midway Ford. David Lewis from the Vines won a $41,000 2017 Ford Mondeo, while Barend and Stephenie Klassen from Stratton took home an $18,000 2017 Ford Fiesta.
Two other very lucky couples will soon be jet setting across the globe thanks to iTalk Travel in Midland. Emma and Nathan May from South Guildford won a Mexican holiday valued at $11,000 and Marcus and Elizabeth Good from Aveley won a Spanish holiday valued at $7,000.
Other prize winners were:
- Steven and Tanya (Midland) - $3,000 jewellery gift card from Carmen Jewellers Midland
- Daniel and Ante (Malaga) - $4,000 outdoor furniture set and charcoal bbq gift card from Harvey Norman, Midland
- Alexander and Lorna (Aveley) - $3000 Petrol gift card from Caltex Beechboro
- Peter (Balajura) - $3000 shopping spree from Ellenbrook Central Shopping Centre
- Allan (Bellevue) - $2500 luxury Swan Valley getaway from Brookleigh Estate
- Anna and Elena (Middle Swan) - photographic equipment worth $2500 from JB Hifi Malaga
- Frederick and Gillian (South Guildford) - Swan River cruise valued at more than $2000 from Pelican Charters, Malaga
- Oscar and Wendy (South Guildford) - a $2000 home ware spending spree from Freedom, Midland
Why a competition?
Paying your rates on time means you are contributing to making the City of Swan a better place to live, ensuring it can deliver essential services and infrastructure to the community all around the year. Find out more about where your rates go by reading the 2017 budget newsletter(PDF, 3MB) .
The competition may be over but you can still pay your rates online!