Applications can now be completed and lodged online. If you are unable to complete the electronic form, please contact the Grants Officer on 9267 9131 to make alternative arrangements.
Apply online - Up to $5,000
Apply online - Up to $15,000
Grant limits mentioned on this page are subject to review for the 2018/19 financial year.
View Information Sheet(PDF, 190KB)
Swan event sponsorships provide funding of up to $15,000 to support events that will promote the City of Swan’s image, increase the general awareness of the region, foster community spirit and pride, and provide employment or volunteering opportunities for residents.
Applicants must be incorporated or supported by an auspice* organisation.
An organisation may only submit one Swan Community Funding Scheme application for an event. Funding will not be provided to more than one organisation for the same event.
A Swan event sponsorship can be provided in cash or in kind. An in-kind contribution may, for example, include the provision of rubbish bins at an event or venue hire (of a City of Swan building).
There are two types of Swan event sponsorship:
- Up to $5,000 - for community events ranging from small local activities to projects covering the entire City of Swan.
- $5,001 to $15,000 - for major events that have a wide-ranging benefit for the City of Swan region now and in the future.
When can I apply?
Up to $5,000 - Applications can be made at any time for this level of funding. Applications must be received twelve (12) weeks prior to the commencement of the project or activity.
Over $5,000 - Support is offered twice per year with the following schedule:
|| Round 1
|Notification of Application outcome
Applications received after a round closing date will be considered in the following grant round. The Swan Community Funding Scheme will not fund projects that have started prior to the granting of funds.
What we support
The City of Swan sponsors events that:
- Meet the Swan Community Funding Scheme’s Eligibility Criteria;
- Help to celebrate our diverse community;
- Are well supported through a project plan and project management strategy;
- Substantiate the resource needed for the event, including funding from other sources wherever possible; and
- Include an appropriate evaluation proposal.
To be eligible for funding the applicant must:
- Offer the event within the City of Swan’s Local Government boundaries;
- Have completed and acquitted any project for which any City of Swan funding was previously received, with no outstanding debts to the City of Swan; and
- Submit your application in accordance with the requirements outlined in the relevant Information Package and on the prescribed form.
- Swan Event Sponsorship does not provide funding for:
- Commercial activities or organisations;
- Fundraising activities;
- Core organisational operating costs, for example a permanent position for ongoing work;
- Projects that duplicate existing services and programs;
- Activities that are already covered by existing service agreements with the City of Swan;
- Projects with a political or religious purpose only;
- Projects that will rely on recurrent funding;
- Retrospective costs;
- Costs or activities already funded by another grant; or
- Capital or equipment costs.
What we look for
- Clearly defined aims, objectives and outcomes that are measurable.
- Innovative and creative approach to the carrying out the event.
- Well-planned and achievable events within clear and detailed timelines.
- Events that encourage community participation and capacity building.
- Events that demonstrate an effect that will have an impact beyond the funding period.
- Events that work in partnership with community or business organisations.
- Accessibility of the event.
- Suitable event facilities and resources.
- Free or affordable entry.
- Approved licences and permits.
- Maximise City of Swan’s brand exposure.
Documents we need
- A completed application form.
- Your latest Annual Report.
- Copy of the current Certificate of Incorporation.
- Most recent audited financial statement.
- Two written quotes for items over $1,000; a written estimate, advertised price, or one written quote for items under $1,000 (low value, miscellaneous items can be grouped together to $500).
- Copies of insurance certificates of currency.
- Event management plan (relative to the size and nature of the event) who (i.e. the individuals, groups or consultants involved and who will coordinate/manage the day) what (identify key tasks) when (the dates the tasks will be completed).
- Risk management strategy – outline the consideration that has been given to public safety and risk management.
What happens after you submit your application?
For applications up to $5,000, allow twelve weeks for the assessment of your application from your submission date. All applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application.
An agreement will be provided to successful applicants that will describe the terms and conditions of the funding, including project evaluation and financial reporting requirements.
Completing the Application
Relevant application forms can be downloaded from the top of this page.
If you are interested in applying and would like to discuss the suitability of your project, or require assistance with your application, please contact the Community Development Coordinator for your Place Community or call Customer Support on telephone 9267 9267.
Unincorporated organisations must be supported by an auspicing organisation. Auspicing is when an incorporated organisation agrees to apply for a grant on behalf of an unincorporated, not-for-profit association or community organisation. The auspicing organisation will receive, hold and administer the funding for the applicant. Funding will be provided directly to the bank account of the auspicing organisation.
Note: It is the responsibility of the auspicing organisation and the applicant to independently negotiate and agree upon the terms and conditions of the auspicing agreement between them.