Applications can now be completed and lodged online. If you are unable to complete the electronic form, please contact the Grants Officer on 9267 9131 to make alternative arrangements.
Grant limits mentioned on this page are subject to review for the 2018/19 financial year.
View Information Sheet(PDF, 183KB)
Swan small grants provides up to $1,000 for a wide range of activities by local community organisations. These grants are open to both incorporated and non-incorporated auspiced* organisations.
Who can apply?
These grants are available to not-for-profit organisations and community organisations and groups. Unincorporated organisations must be supported by an auspicing* organisation.
When can you apply?
Applications can be made at any time. Applications must be received 12 weeks prior to the commencement of the project or activity.
What we support
We support various types of projects that improve the wellbeing of the community.
What we look for
- How your project relates to your organisation’s purpose.
- How the idea of the project came about, its community importance and expected benefits.
- Community and stakeholder support for the project.
- Strong project planning, management and expertise.
- Good governance, evaluation and learning strategies.
- Consideration of what will happen after completion – sustainability of the project.
Documents we need
You will be required to attach a few documents in support of your application, for it to be considered for funding.
- A completed application form
- The latest audited Annual Report
- Copy of the current Certificate of Incorporation
- Most recent audited financial statement
- Copies of insurance certificates of currency
- Quotes Application processing
When will you know the outcome?
Allow at least 12 weeks for processing of your application.
General Eligibility Criteria
Assistance in applying online
[*Auspicing is when an incorporated organisation agrees to apply for a grant on behalf of an unincorporated, not-for-profit association or community organisation. The auspicing organisation will receive, hold and administer the funding for the applicant. Funding will be provided directly to the bank account of the auspicing organisation. It is the responsibility of the auspicing organisation and the applicant to independently negotiate and agree upon the terms and conditions of the auspicing agreement between them.]