Applications will be assessed according to the following priorities of the Swan Community Funding Scheme:
Build Capacity and Partnerships and Leverage Resources
- Increase the human and organisational capacity of recipients
- Maximise in-kind, cash donations and volunteer time from community, business and / or other funding bodies
- Facilitate ways in which residents can give back to the community
- Encourage community participation and capacity building; and
- Demonstrate an effect that will have an impact beyond the funding period.
Demonstrate Accountability for the Expenditure of Public Funds
- Adopt a risk-management based approach
- Clearly define aims, objectives and outcomes that are measurable
- Be well-planned and achievable within clear and detailed timelines
- Provide evidence to establish that funds and in-kind support provided by the City of Swan will be used for their intended purpose; and
- Seek to maximise value for money.
Recognise the City of Swan’s Contribution
- Enhance the image of the City of Swan; and
- Maximise media coverage.