Cats and dogs
If your dog or cat is not supervised it can threaten the safety of our native animals . Unfortunately, attacks on native animals from domestic dogs and cats are very common. To prevent this:
- Put a bell on your cat to warn birds.
- Keep your cat in at night. Most of our marsupials are nocturnal (eg. possums) and birds are at their most vulnerable at night.
- Confine your cat to your property for its safety and the welfare of our native animals.
- De-sex your cats and dogs.
- Do not dump unwanted domestic pets.
- Walk your dog on a leash.
More information is available on our animal welfare web pages where specific information about keeping cats and dogs is available.