How to submit a building application

The City receives Building applications electronically. This option is available to all our customers and residents and it is our preferred choice for submissions.

You may also submit your application in person, or by post.


  • If you are a registered user (i.e. applicants / builders who regularly submit building applications) please lodge the application via eLodge online

If you are interested in becoming a registered user then please send an email to  

  • If you are not a registered user please submit a PDF version of the application and supporting documentation to We can receive up to 30MB per email however no single PDF should be larger than 10MB.

In Person: You may lodge an application over the counter at City of Swan, 2 Midland Square, MIDLAND WA 6056

By Post: You may lodge an application via post at City of Swan, PO Box 196, MIDLAND WA 6936