Unreasonable noise can be annoying.  It can interfere with the health, welfare, convenience, comfort or amenity of a person receiving the noise. In most cases, noise issues are resolved by the people involved.

Talking with your neighbours and coming up with a solution is the best way to deal with the problem. It could be as easy as turning down the bass on your stereo or practicing your musical instrument when your neighbour is still at work.

Where this hasn't helped, the City of Swan's Environmental Health Officers or the WA Police may be contacted for assistance.

The City of Swan will require you to complete a Noise Complaint Form(PDF, 182KB) and record necessary details. Information such as the nature of the complaint, duration and exact location of the noise source is required. The City will then investigate the matter further and determine whether the noise complies with the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997.

If you have problems with noise from barking dogs please contact the City's Customer Services on 9267 9267 as this matter is covered under the Dog Act 1976 and not the noise regulations.