Items collected at drop-off days
As part of our commitment to being both sustainable and environmentally conscious, the City hosts Recyclable Goods Drop Off Days. Items accepted at the drop off days include:
- Metals - dismantled trampolines/swings, corrugated iron/tin sheeting, air condition units, hot water systems, car body parts, bikes, BBQ's, bed frames, empty paint cans
- Wood - Any untreated timber - off cuts (no longer than 1.5m), crates, pallets (this is shredded at the EMRC Hazelmere Facility for use as particle board , poultry bedding, etc). No cabinets or furniture is accepted.
- Plastic - children's toys, plastic furniture, pots, bins, crates, etc
- TV/Computers - TV's, black boxes, computers, monitors, key boards, speakers, stereo equipment, printers, scanners, photocopiers, DVD players, Video Players, X-boxes consoles, laptops, mobile phones, camera equipment, etc
- White Goods - Fridges, freezers, stoves, microwaves, dish washers, washing machines, bar fridges , toasters, kettles, bar grillers
- Mattresses - futons, inner spring and foam single, double, queen, king,
- Cardboard - any size card board boxes, paper
- Batteries - any dry cell battery from energizers to nickel cadmium batteries, any wet cell battery from motor cycle to tractor/truck batteries
- CFLs & Fluorescent Tubes
- Green Waste
Please note: You will need to bring ID and proof of your address on the day as this service is limited to City of Swan residents only.