Go Local First
Go Local First is a federally funded campaign asking all Australians to support small local businesses across our country.
The campaign is developed and driven by the national peak body for small business, the Council of Small Business Organisations Australia (COSBOA).
Why we should go local first
Small businesses contribute a third of Australia's economic activity, keeping millions of Australians in jobs and paying wages to more than half of our workforce. They are vital to our everyday lives - especially now in the economic recovery from COVID-19.
We now need support to encourage our community to spend local first to keep small businesses going, keep people employed and keep local communities thriving.
What small businesses can do
Support the campaign by sharing the free marketing material to encourage your customers or social media following to buy local first. The COSBOA team are also keen to promote your story of small business resilience and innovation.
The City of Swan will be meeting with small businesses to support your involvement and share marketing and promotional content with you.
- Join the private Facebook group to get the latest toolkits and graphics, chat with other businesses or make a request. Just search Go Local First - small business partners
- Follow Go Local First on Facebook and Instagram to see what content consumers are engaging with
- Promote your business on social media and encouraging others to spend local by using the marketing materials. An easy win is to hashtag #golocalfirst on your social media posts
- Put your hand up to be featured as part of the campaign - more info on the closed Facebook group
- Email the City of Swan for promotional posters and stickers at email@example.com
- Consider using local businesses for your supplies - check out the City's Biz List directory for ideas and contacts
Thank you for your support. For more information, please visit www.golocalfirst.com.au or contact the City of Swan business support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9267 9267.