Applications can now be completed and lodged online. If you are unable to complete the electronic form, please contact the Grants Officer on 9207 8693 to make alternative arrangements.
Apply online - Up to $5,000
Apply online - Up to $15,000
View the Swan Community Grants information sheet.(PDF, 149KB)
The Swan Community Grants program provides up to $15,000 to support projects with community development objectives that will enhance the lives of residents and the City of Swan community. Applicants must be incorporated or supported by an auspice organisation. It is expected that applicants will make a significant contribution toward their projects.
There are two levels of grants:
Up to $5,000
Applications can be made at any time for this level of funding. Applications must be received 12 weeks prior to the commencement of the project or activity.
$5,001 to $15,000
Support is offered twice per year with the following schedule:
|Notification of outcome
Applications received after a round closing date will be considered in the following grant round. The Swan Community Funding Scheme will not fund projects that have started prior to the granting of funds.
Who can apply?
These grants are available to not-for-profit organisations and community organisations and groups. Unincorporated organisations must be supported by an auspicing* organisation.
What we support
We support various types of projects. These grants can support seeding and small scale local grass roots initiatives, as well as larger community based projects.
What we look for
- How your project relates to your organisation’s purpose
- How the idea of the project came about, its community importance and expected benefits
- Community and stakeholder support for the project
- Strong project planning, management and expertise
- Good governance, evaluation and learning strategies
- Consideration of what will happen after completion.
To be eligible for funding the applicant must:
- Undertake the project within the City of Swan’s local government boundaries;
- Have completed and acquitted any project for which any City of Swan funding was previously received, with no outstanding debts to the City of Swan; and
- Submit your application in accordance with the requirements outlined in this Information Paper and on the prescribed form.
Swan Community Grants do not provide funding for:
- Commercial activities or organisations;
- Fundraising activities;
- Core organisational operating costs, for example a permanent position for ongoing work;
- Projects that duplicate existing services and programs;
- Activities that are already covered by existing service agreements with the City of Swan;
- Projects with a political or religious purpose only;
- Projects that will rely on recurrent funding;
- Retrospective costs;
- Costs or activities already funded by another grant; or
- Capital items including equipment.
Documents we need
- A completed application form.
- Your latest Annual Report.
- Copy of the current Certificate of Incorporation.
- Most recent audited financial statement.
- Two written quotes for items over $1,000; a written estimate, advertised price, or one written quote for items under $1,000 (low value, miscellaneous items can be grouped together to $500).
- Copies of insurance certificates of currency.
- Project management plan (relative to the size and nature of the project) who (i.e. the individuals, groups or consultants involved and who will coordinate/manage the project), what (identify key tasks), when (the dates the tasks will be completed).
- Risk management strategy – outline the consideration that has been given to risk management.
Completing the Application
Relevant application forms can be downloaded from the top of this page.
If you are interested in applying and would like to discuss the suitability of your project, or require assistance with your application, please contact the Community Development Coordinator for your Place Community or call Customer Support on telephone 9207 8693.
*Auspicing is when an incorporated organisation agrees to apply for a grant on behalf of an unincorporated, not-for-profit association or community organisation. The auspicing organisation will receive, hold and administer the funding for the applicant. Funding will be provided directly to the bank account of the auspicing organisation.
Note: It is the responsibility of the auspicing organisation and the applicant to independently negotiate and agree upon the terms and conditions of the auspicing agreement between them.