The City of Swan Volunteer Resource Centre(PDF, 3MB) is a 'gateway' to all things volunteering. The Centre is operated through a partnership between the City of Swan and the Department of Communities.
The Swan Volunteer Resource Centre will no longer be conducting face to face interviews. Until further notice our interviews will be covered by phone or electronically. Online forms are available and should be completed prior to any interview.
We are continuing to offer a telephone and online service to enquiring volunteers and volunteer involving organisations/
If you are interested in volunteering to assist the vulnerable and those in need at this time. Please contact us on 9278 9690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A free referral service to enquiring volunteers
- A free support resource to volunteer involving organisations in the City of Swan
We promote, educate and encourage volunteering in the community.
- A concept – an expression of a community-wide vision of volunteerism that is inclusive of peoples and causes.
- A place – where diverse groups and individuals can meet in mutual concern for the support of volunteers.
- A focal point - for visibility and coordination of volunteer efforts.
- Articulate the scope and vision of volunteerism to every audience.
- Convey the image of volunteering as something of true value, done by everyone.
- Advocate for the best engagement of volunteer efforts.
- Model the effective involvement of volunteers by recruiting people to work for and in our Centre.
- Do what single organisations and individual volunteers could not do alone by making sure that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Bring the most current volunteering trends and issues, as well as national and global perspectives, into our local community: and in turn, share then best of local volunteering practices to the larger field.
- Be flexible enough to grab onto new opportunities to increase volunteering.
- Work through and with community organisations to reach goals together.
The Universal Declaration on Volunteering best describes the values that the SVRC follow and uphold – “volunteering brings to life the noblest aspirations of humankind – the pursuit of peace, freedom, opportunity, safety and justice for all people. Connections can be made across differences that push us apart so that we can live together as healthy, sustainable communities, working together to provide innovative solutions to our shared challenges and to shape our collective destinies”.