No longer on display. Expired on
05 November 2021, 05:00 PM
SEA CONTAINER, SHADE STRUCTURE AND PROPOSED LEAN TO ADDITION BETWEEN SHADE STRUCTURE AND SEA CONTAINER - LOT 58, Unit 1 (NO.35) IRVINE DRIVE, MALAGA
Approval is sought for unauthorised additions to the existing workshop and proposed shade structure, Unit 1 No. 35 Irvine Drive Malaga.
The additions include the following works:
- Removal of existing landscaping located within the front setback area of 35 Irvine Drive and replacement with a concrete pa
- The placement of an enclosed sea container and unenclosed lean-to structure on top of the concrete pad.
These structures are proposed to store items which are associated with the fabrication business at Unit 1 No. 35 Irvine Drive. In addition to the unauthorised works the applicant intends to place a colorbond roof structure between the sea container and the lean to structure.
The development varies the City's industrial development standards with regard to the following matters:
- The lean-to and sea container are set back a distance of 0.7m (lean to) and 2.4m (sea container) from the primary street boundary in lieu of the 9m building setback prescribed for buildings under the General Industrial zone development standards
- A significant portion of the existing landscaping located at the front of 35 Irvine Drive has been removed and replaced with a concrete pad and the unauthorised additions. The current area of landscaping has been calculated at approximately 65m2 which falls short of the required 10% of the total lot area required to be be landscaped (160.1m2)
- As a result of the additions that form part of this approval (as well as other additions on site) the total onsite parking requirement is 28 car spaces. A total of 20 car spaces on site is provided.
Accordingly City staff are seeking comment from adjoining landowners regarding this proposal.
If you have any comments/objections relating to the proposal please complete the Online Feedback Form below by close of business 5pm, 5 November 2021.
Click here to view form.