No longer on display. Expired on
11 October 2021, 05:00 PM
Proposed Industry - Extractive (Clay Extraction) And Excavation Licence - Balboa Farm, Lot 10 (No. 2070) Great Northern Highway, BULLSBROOK
The City of Swan has received applications for approvals necessary for the continuation and expansion of the clay extraction activity at the Parns Quarry; specifically - applications for an extension of the term of the planning approval and excavation licence.
Approval would allow for the continuation of clay excavation works on the site until 2031. During this time a 2.42 hectare expansion of the excavation pit area is expected.
The applicant describes activities at the site as follows:
- Approximately 15,000 tonnes (approximately 300 truck-loads) of clay to be extracted from the site per annum
- Excavation to occur over a 4-6 week period every second year
- Clay to be stockpiled on the site
- Carting of clay from the site will occur over one 4-week period; or two 2-week periods per year
- An average of 13 trucks-loads of clay will be taken from the site per day during the carting period
- The quarry will operate between 7.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Saturday
If you have any comments/objections relating to the proposal please complete the Online Feedback Form below by close of business on 11 October 2021.
Click here to view form.