Welcome to Ballajura - a growing community, close to the CBD and with the iconic Whiteman Park in the backyard.
The City provides local services and facilities in the area so you don't need to travel too far from home. You can:
- Talk to City staff about a range of topics or issues including events, funding opportunities, activities and support for young people, community development and other City services.
- Drop in to the Whitelion (Dungeon) Youth Centre.
- Join in events and workshops at the Ballajura Library.
- Make City payments at the Library.
- Enjoy the pool at Swan Active Ballajura (reopening late December 2019).
All of this is available at the Ballajura Community Hub, located at Community Mews near the corner of Kingfisher Avenue and Illawarra Crescent Ballajura. Read on for more information about what's on offer in this local area.
Did you know: Ballajura derives its name from the farm originally pioneered by the Kerruish, Eaton and Creer families and which was held by the Kerruish family until 1944. The land was later used for raising cattle, until major urban development commenced in 1978.