Recycle more, waste less - school incursion
The City of Swan offers a FREE recycling education program for primary schools. This is presented by Cleanaway Education staff on behalf of the City of Swan in an effort to have our communities understand our waste and how to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle more efficiently so we can create a more sustainable future for our community.
Limits of sessions per school will apply, so book in early to avoid disappointment.
What the program offers
The program is fully funded by the City of Swan and is designed to link into many education programs within the Australian Curriculum. The incursion is available for all children from Year 1 through to Year 6 students and run by a professional educator with a program that is very interactive and hands on to inspire the students. It includes:
- Free incursion (sponsored by the City of Swan, valued at $500 per class)
- Two 60 minute sessions
- Interactive, practical and engaging activities
- Experienced, professional educator
- No preparation required
What the children learn
- The importance of waste management
- The City of Swan’s bin system
- What it means to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- What happens to recyclables once collected and taken to the Materials Recovery Facility
- What landfill is and how it affects the environment
This is a wonderful opportunity for your school to participate in, requires no preparation by the teachers, and all costs are paid for by the City of Swan.
- One designated internal room that has an electronic whiteboard
- access to power and a screen to be used for the whole day.
What other schools have told us
We have received many great comments from schools that took up the program such as John Septimus Roe - Beechboro; “A brilliant program where the children learnt a lot about caring for the environment. The two sessions were fun, engaging and informative. I loved the hands on activities.”
For further information about this incursion please contact Lisa Mansfield by phone on 0439 719 837 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org