Local Planning Strategy (draft)
The City's draft Local Planning Strategy (LPS) sets out the long term planning direction and provides a strategic basis for the Local Planning Scheme. In particular, it sets out strategic planning objectives and recommended actions associated with the following 10 themes:
- Natural resource management and environmental protection;
- Population and housing;
- Economy and employment;
- Activity centres;
- Open space and community facilities;
- Rural land uses;
- Urban design and heritage;
- Transport, traffic and access; and
- Infrastructure services
The draft LPS is separated into two parts:
- Part 1(PDF, 1MB) contains consolidated key issues, directions, strategic responses and actions; and
- Part 2(PDF, 14MB) contains the background information supporting the strategy.
The draft LPS was publicly advertised from July 2, 2018 to September 3, 2018. After applying minor modifications in response to submissions received, the draft LPS was adopted by Council at its Ordinary Council Meeting on August 28, 2019. In September 2019, the draft LPS was forwarded to the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) for final endorsement.