Crossover information

A crossover is a vehicle pathway that connects your property to the edge of the road, for example a brick paved driveway.

There are different types of crossovers, each with their own specifications, including dimensions, materials and preparation. It’s important to get it right from the outset, as non-complying crossovers usually require rectifying at your expense.

To help you out, we’ve provided all you need to know in crossover specifications.

It is strongly recommended that building plans are not prepared, and building permits not submitted until City approval has been obtained for the crossover location. Proceeding without this approval may create additional costs for the owner should redesign be required. If you wish to alter an existing vehicle crossover or add another please complete and return the Application to Add or Alter Vehicle Crossovers form(DOCX, 39KB)

Constructing a crossover may entitle you to a $400 refund. Apply by lodging an application for City of Swan's crossover contribution form(PDF, 202KB).

If you have purchased or pre-purchased a lot in a new subdivision, please contact the developer to ask about potential infrastructure that may limit the location of your crossover prior to preparing building plans.

It is possible that there will be a pram ramp, drainage pit or another piece of infrastructure somewhere along your lot frontage that will result in the City not allowing you to place your crossover in certain locations. Please refer to standard crossover specification STD75-2s(PDF, 997KB) for distances required from infrastructure.

If you have any queries please contact the City's engineering team on 9267 9267.