Extreme financial hardship
If you are experiencing genuine extreme financial hardship due to exceptional circumstances (not COVID-19 affected) or due to being adversely affected by COVID-19 you may be eligible to apply for extreme financial hardship.
The Extreme Financial Hardship application approval is subject to the following conditions:
- In the opinion of the CEO, the ratepayer is experiencing extreme and genuine financial hardship;
- The ratepayer's circumstances are supported by a hardship letter from a financial counsellor;
- The ratepayer is not a corporation or trustee;
- The ratepayer is not bankrupt or subject to a bankruptcy petition;
- The ratepayer has no outstanding rates as at June 30, 2020;
- The maximum interest amount to be written off is $400 (no interest applicable for 2020/21).
Extreme Financial Hardship for adversely affected by COVID-19 application approval is subject to the following conditions:
- In the opinion of the CEO, the ratepayer is experiencing extreme and genuine financial hardship adversely affected by COVID-19.
- The ratepayer has no outstanding rates as at 30 June 2019.
- The ratepayer is unemployed or under-employed due to COVID-19 and confirmation letter from an employer is attached, or/and JobSeeker or JobKeeper eligibility confirmation letter from Centrelink is attached.
See the Extreme Financial Hardship Guideline(PDF, 309KB) for full details.
How to apply:
Ensure you meet the conditions as outlined in the Extreme Financial Hardship Guideline and submit the:
- Extreme Financial Hardship application(PDF, 29KB) along with the required documentation, or
- Extreme Financial Hardship for adversely affected ratepayers by COVID-19 application(PDF, 149KB) along with the required documentation.
You can submit your application using one of the following methods:
- In person at the City of Swan Administration Building
- In person at a City of Swan Library
- By Post - City of Swan, PO Box 196, Midland WA 6936
- By Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like more information or to discuss your application please contact the City by phone on 9267 9267 or by email at email@example.com.
Useful links to other pages: