Financial support - bushfires

If you’ve been adversely affected by the bushfires you may be eligible for financial assistance. 

Rate relief

The City is seeking to give rates relief to our ratepayers whose properties have been impacted by the Wooroloo bushfires. We recognise the hardship being experienced by our community members and understand the magnitude of loss they are facing. 

An item will be going to the March Council Meeting proposing to apply a rates concession to those ratepayers whose properties have been impacted by the fires. Initially going to the February Council Meeting, the item was deferred until March to allow the opportunity to assess the full impact of the fires on impacted ratepayers. 

It is possible that rates fourth instalment notification letters may reach some residents in the bushfire impacted area. The administration process for releasing these took place before the bushfires. If your property was impacted by the Wooroloo bushfires and you receive a fourth instalment letter, please do not feel pressured to pay it at this time. We will communicate with you once the Council has met in March. 

State Government Funding

On February 4, the State Government announced they'll be providing emergency funding of $4,000 to those whose homes have been destroyed and $2,000 to those whose homes have been damaged. This bushfire relief payment can be applied for through the City of Swan.

How to apply for the bushfire relief payment

Lord Mayor's Distress Relief Fund

Financial assistance from the Lord Mayor's Distress Relief Fund is available for people impacted by the recent bushfires.

How to apply for the Lord Mayor's Distress Relief Fund

Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment.

If you’ve lost income as a direct result of the bushfires you may be eligible for the Disaster Recovery Allowance.

  • To claim: call 180 22 66
  • For more information go to 
  • You can claim for the following Local Government Areas: City of Swan and Shire of Mundaring.


If you are a NAB customer and have been affected by the recent bushfires NAB is ready to support you. Please call the special number, 1300 308 132 to discuss the options that may be available to you. 


HBF is offering an exemption for HBF Premium fees. To discuss available options call 133 423. 

CWA Rapid Response Funding

The Country Women’s Association’s Community Fund is offering quick grants of up to $500 for individuals/families who have had losses as a result of the bushfires.

If you live in the affected areas and as a result of the fire, are experiencing financial stress, please complete the form available on their website.


Midlas have free financial counsellors available to assist people impacted by the bushfires: 

  • Assistance and information on Insurance matters
  • Assistance with hardship grants and payments
  • Accessing crisis accommodation

Call Midlas on (08) 9250 2123, for an urgent appointment.

Rural West

Financial counselling for individuals and families experiencing financial distress as a result of the Wooroloo bushfire now available through Rural West

This service is an extension of what is already available to regional small businesses and primary production enterprises. The experienced Rural West team will work with clients to manage both immediate and underlying issues for a positive and sustainable future.

For more information visit - call the team on 1800 612 004 or email

How can I help?