1. Obtain Clearance Certificate from Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER) (if not provided already).
2. Obtain a copy of your DFES BAL Report.|
3. Engage a ‘BPAD Practitioner’ to do a site specific BAL Assessment if required (up to $2,000 can be claimed back via our Bushfire Recovery team).
4. Consider whether to engage a builder or be an owner builder – seek advice from friends / family.
5. Develop a draft plan for your rebuild.
6. Contact the City’s Environmental Health team to obtain information on onsite effluent disposal system requirements / limitations for your proposal.
Planning Development Approval (DA)
7. Contact our Planning Department to obtain a DA (if required).
8. Engage a builder to provide the City’s Planning team with further documentation and get an estimate of building costs.
~ DA approved / refused
9. Contact the City’s Health Department to get approval, if a new septic system is proposed / required.
10. Engage with a Building Surveyor via Registered Builder to provide a ‘BA3 – Certificate of design compliance’ and supporting documentation.
Building Permit application
o BA1 – Certified application for building permit
o BA2 - Uncertified application for building permit
o BA3 - Certificate of design compliance o Along with all supporting documentation
~ BP approved / refused
12. Start building
Please do not start construction (of any part) until you have a Building Permit for the proposed works.