Local support in Gidgegannup

Bushfire Community Recovery Centre

The Bushfire Community Recovery Centre is located at Gidgegannup Place Office, 2125 Toodyay Road, next to the Gidgegannup Bakery and Cafe.

This centre has been set up to provide a range of support services for local residents. It is open Wednesdays 9am-5pm, Thursdays 9am-6pm and Fridays 9am-5pm (or by appointment). 

All are welcome to drop in, ask questions and seek support. If you have a query about the bushfire recovery, you can also email us at bushfirerecoverygroup@swan.wa.gov.au or call 0438 242 356 during business hours.

Home supplies for Minderoo pods, fencing supplies and tools

Please get in touch with the bushfire recovery team on the details above to organise the following:

Pod kits – families who are receiving a Minderoo Pod are eligible to receive a pod kit designed to provide everything they need to be able to use their pod straight away. These kits include bed and bathroom linen, kitchenware and cleaning equipment.  

Fencing materials and loan fencing tools – available to fire affected residents in conjunction with Rotary. Volunteers are continuing to manage the distribution of these materials as well as the loaning of tools such as fuel-driven post drivers, strainers and other fencing tools. 

Supplies from CWA

The CWA Hall is located at the Gidgegannup Showgrounds. All are welcome to drop in, have a cup of tea, and chat about what you might need. The CWA also have a food bank. Please phone Terrianne on 0435 394 157 to discuss your requirements before attending.

Opening hours: Wednesday 10am – 2pm and Friday 9.30am – 11.30am.

For food requests, please call Terrianne in advance on 0435 394 157.

Counselling and support

If you would like counselling and support your GP is a good place to start, and they can also refer you to other services. Call first if you’re unsure whether they are open. You can also check to see if it is possible to have a telehealth appointment. Pharmacies may be able to assist with filling essential prescriptions.

You can ask the team at our Bushfire Recovery Centre how to access psychological support. If you are worried about your child, please contact your school to discuss support available. 

If it is a life threatening emergency, call 000 or visit your nearest emergency department.

  • Lifeline’s Bushfire Recovery Phoneline 13 HELP (13 43 57) is also available for anyone impacted by fires, no matter how you’re struggling
  • In a crisis, call Lifeline on 13 11 14
  • Kids Help Line: 1800 551 800
  • Beyondblue provides free counselling and support via 1300 22 4636 and online chat and forums at beyondblue.org.au
  • If you’re worried about alcohol or other drug use, call the Alcohol and Drug Support Line on 08 9442 5000 or 1800 198 024 (country toll free)
  • For other types of crisis - like concern about a child’s safety, or if you have lost your home and have nowhere to stay, call the Department of Communities Crisis Care line on 08 9223 1111.

Department of Communities

If you would like further assistance please contact the Department of Communities support services on recovery@communitieswa.gov.au