Waste & property clean-up

Bin & verge collections

We are collecting general waste and recycling bins. General waste and green waste tip passes are also available at the Bushfire Recovery Centre.

Green waste removal

The City is mindful of the accumulation of green waste on properties affected by the recent bushfire. Following the initial state-led clean-up of debris, if you still require assistance with green waste removal, please contact the City with the approximate amount and location on your property on 9267 9267 or email bushfirerecoverygroup@swan.wa.gov.au. They City will organise either mulching or collection following the initial state-led clean up of debris.  

Special bulk collection

We ask you to please keep any bulk green or general waste items on your property and not on the verge for now. Our priority is to ensure the roads and road verges are safe and clear of debris. 

Skip bins

Skip bins have been placed at the below locations for residents to use for general waste:

Note: Please do not place the following in these bins:

  • Hazardous waste such as paint, chemicals or asbestos. 
  • Construction material, such as sand or rubble
  • Tyres - please place these a small distance away from the bins so they can be collected separately and recycled. 

Current skip bin locations:

  • O'Brien Road
  • 47 Stock Road
  • Corner of Ewing Road and Clenton Road
  • Corner of Ewing Road and Berry Road
  • Corner of Berry Road and Clenton Road
  • Corner of Old Coach Road East and Tilden Drive
  • Corner of Brennan Rise and Kooringal Vale
  • Corner of Toodyay Road and Mayo Road
  • Corner Breeze Road and Mayo Road
  • Corner of Lillie Road and Tilden Drive
  • Corner of Quenda Glade and Tilden Drive
  • Corner of Treechange and Reen Road
  • Corner of Dinsdale and Mayo Road

Fencing - BlazeAid lending a hand

BlazeAid are a volunteer-based organisation who work with families and individuals in rural Australia after natural disasters such as fires and floods. Volunteers can help you rebuild fences and other structures that have been damaged or destroyed.

If you need help with rebuilding your fencing, BlazeAid can lend a hand. Please call Camp Coordinator Jo Delaney on 0417 614 446 or email blazeaid.wooroloo@gmail.com.

Coordinated Residential Clean-up Program

The State Government has been working closely with the City of Swan and Shire of Mundaring to roll out the Wooroloo Bushfire Coordinated Residential Clean-up Program.

The Program is jointly funded through the Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements, and forms part of a broader $18.1 million community recovery package.

The clean-up will include removal of debris associated with bushfire-damaged houses, structures and vehicles, as well as trees deemed a direct safety risk. Visit the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation website for more information about the full scope of works.

Coordination of the clean-up program is being managed by the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER), in collaboration with the City of Swan, the Shire of Mundaring, and the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES). 

More detailed information about the Wooroloo Bushfire Coordinated Residential Clean-up Program is available from the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation website.

Additional clean-up help - Disaster Relief Australia

Disaster Relief Australia (DRA) have a team of volunteers ready to assist with clean-up. If you require assistance with your property clean up, please call 0419 193 301 or email info@disasterreliefaus.org

For more details visit www.disasterreliefaus.org