Updates on our library services
Last updated: Friday May 15, 2020.
Ballajura, Beechboro and Midland Library are reopening from Monday, May 18.
Ellenbrook and Bullsbrook will reopen on Monday, May 25.
Guildford will remain Click and Collect until the next stage of restrictions are lifted.
The way we operate our libraries will be different for a while as we ease our way back to normality while complying with social-distancing rules.
How our libraries will operate until further notice (with the exception of Guildford):
- Visitors can only access computers and printers or browse the library collection at certain times of the day - please check the opening timetable of your branch.
- There will be a limit of 20 people in the library at any one time with strict social distancing measures in place.
- All visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
- We continue to offer a range of online programs for you to enjoy in the comfort of your own home - keep up to date by joining the Swan Library Community Facebook group
- Click and Collect is still available at all libraries - call or email your local branch for more details.
- Online resources such as eBooks, audiobooks, digital magazines and movies are always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via eLibrary.
Your library is a safe and hygienic place to visit. You will have access to wipes, hand sanitiser and other cleaning products. High touch surfaces are cleaned frequently and we adhere to our rigorous COVID Safe plan endorsed by the Department of Health.
We are taking a cautious and considered approach to reopening our libraries and bringing back the library you’re familiar with, the minimalistic look is temporary and designed to protect the health and wellbeing of all our visitors and staff.
Click and Collect is now available
Our Click and Collect service is now available for you to access library items in various ways. You will have the option of requesting items or collecting a mystery bag of items our staff select for you. Contact your local branch for more information.
Programs are now online
We have a range of online programs for you to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. To keep up to date with all our online programs and connect with our community, join the Swan Library Community Facebook group.
We take this as an opportunity to remind all our customers that we have a number of eResources available. You can digitally loan eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, and eMovies by visiting our eLibrary page.
You will need your Library card number and password to loan eResources. Contact us if you require assistance accessing these resources for the first time.
We have reopened our after-hours returns chute at Beechboro Library. You can also return your library items during the opening hours listed above. We don't have overdue fees and we can renew your items on request.
Phone support is available
If you have any questions please contact your library, and staff can assist you with queries.
Ballajura 9207 8686 | Beechboro 9207 8585 | Bullsbrook 9207 8989 | Ellenbrook 9207 8787 | Midland 9267 9020 email@example.com
We encourage you to wash your hands before and after handling library items. We are happy for you to wipe down the plastic cover of items, as well as board books, but please be careful to keep paper pages dry. The Department of Health has issued Infection Prevention and Control advice for libraries to safely offer our current services.
The health of the community and City employees is paramount and we appreciate your patience understanding during this time. Please follow our Facebook page and regularly check our website for updates.