Extreme financial hardship
If you are experiencing genuine extreme financial hardship you may be eligible for interest on your outstanding rates for the 2019/20 financial year to be written off (up to $400).
To qualify for the interest write off on residential properties, the following conditions must be met:
- In the opinion of the CEO, the ratepayer is experiencing extreme and genuine financial hardship;
- The ratepayer's circumstances are supported by a hardship letter from a financial counsellor;
- The ratepayer is not a corporation or trustee;
- The ratepayer is not bankrupt or subject to a bankruptcy petition;
- The ratepayer has no outstanding rates as at June 30, 2019;
- The maximum interest amount to be written off is $400.
See the Extreme Financial Hardship Guideline(PDF, 55KB) for full details.
How to apply:
Ensure you meet the conditions as outlined in the Extreme Financial Hardship Guideline and submit the application(PDF, 29KB) along with the hardship letter from a financial counsellor.
You can submit your application using one of the following methods:
- In person at the City of Swan Administration Building
- In person at a City of Swan Library
- By Post - City of Swan, PO Box 196, Midland WA 6936
- By Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like more information or to discuss your application please contact the City by phone on 9267 9267 or by email at email@example.com.