The City of Swan is upgrading Stock Road, Bullsbrook to improve connectivity in the Bullsbrook area. The project will upgrade Stock Road from being a 'no-through' road to an approximately 4.3km long single carriageway connector road with two lanes (one for west bound traffic; one for east bound traffic) between Tonkin Highway (NorthLink WA) and Great Northern Highway, Bullsbrook.
- Economic potential:
- The upgrade will provide vital access to enable development of the land zoned 'industrial' (north of Stock Road in Bullsbrook).
- It is anticipated that development of this industrial land will increase the north east metropolitan area’s economic potential and job growth.
- RAV7/Over-size over-mass connector road:
- Accommodating these vehicle classes means trucks can bypass the Bullsbrook townsite
- Improves the capabilities of the future industrial area north of Stock Road.
- Improved connectivity:
- Bullsbrook residents will be able to reach Tonkin Highway via Stock Road.
- Improved road safety, including:
- installation of a roundabout to Great Northern Highway,
- upgraded rail crossing with signal infrastructure and boom gates,
- upgraded road alignment to a single carriageway (two lanes), and
- signage, line markings and provision of crash barriers where required
- Vegetation clearing and bulk earthworks.
- Construction of a single carriageway (with two lanes - one lane for west bound traffic; one lane for east bound traffic).
- Upgrade of the Stock Road/Great Northern Highway Intersection including a roundabout.
- Upgrade of the Stock Road/Railway Parade Intersection to accommodate the upgrade of the rail crossing.
- Construction of five new T-intersections along Stock Road to facilitate development of industrial zoned land north of Stock Road.
- Street lighting.
- Signage and line marking to suit the upgraded road conditions.
- Crash barriers where required.
Stock Road officially opened to traffic on September 7, 2023, with some remaining minor works to be completed in the near future.
Please direct any queries to the City of Swan by calling 9267 9267 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org