If you are experiencing genuine extreme financial hardship due to exceptional circumstances you may be eligible to apply for extreme financial hardship.
The Extreme Financial Hardship application approval is subject to the following conditions:
- In the opinion of the CEO, the ratepayer is experiencing extreme and genuine financial hardship
- The ratepayer's circumstances are supported by a hardship letter from a financial counsellor
- The ratepayer is not a corporation or trustee
- The ratepayer is not bankrupt or subject to a bankruptcy petition
- The ratepayer has no outstanding rates as at June 30, 2023
- The maximum interest amount to be written off is $400.
See the Extreme Financial Hardship Guidelines(open in new window) for full details.
How to apply:
Ensure you meet the conditions as outlined in the Extreme Financial Hardship Guideline and submit the:
- Extreme Financial Hardship application(open in new window) along with the required documentation, or
You can submit your application using one of the following methods:
- In person at the City of Swan Administration Building
- In person at a City of Swan Library
- By Post - City of Swan, PO Box 196, Midland WA 6936
- By Email - email@example.com
If you'd like more information or to discuss your application please contact the City by phone on 9267 9267 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.