Local laws of Swan are laws that govern what happens on land owned or managed by the City, and occasionally on privately owned land within the City's boundaries.
The City of Swan has enacted a number of local laws to ensure that activities throughout the City are regulated, controlled and efficiently managed.
Extractive Industries Local Law
Consolidated Local Laws 2005
The Consolidated Local Laws 2005 provide for the regulation, control and management of the following areas:
- Reserves and foreshores
- City property, public swimming pools and recreation facilities
- Bridges, jetties and weirs
- Trading in public places (eg alfresco dining, street markets, trading and entertainment)
- Verges and crossings
- Parking and parking facilities
- Advertising signs in thoroughfares
- Cats, dogs and horses, and
- Prevention and abatement of sand drift
View a full copy of the City of Swan Consolidated Local Laws 2005 (with 2008 & 2010 Amendments)(DOC, 578KB)
Health Local Law 2002
The City of Swan Health Local Law 2002 provides standards, requirements, rights and enforcement powers regarding public health issues including:
- Housing and general
- Food waste and rubbish
- Pest control
- Lodging houses, and
- Offensive trades
View a copy of the City of Swan Health Local Law 2002(PDF, 240KB).
Local laws currently under review
There are currently no laws under review.