Residents can request two verge collections each financial year. This could be for household or green waste. Additionally, up to three mattresses can be pre-booked for collection.
Book or change a verge collection
Before booking a verge collection, consider whether items could be donated, sold or recycled.
Charities and op shops are very grateful to receive good quality items. Many will even collect it for free. Items that can be donated include furniture, white goods, electrical items, homewares, toys, clothes, sports equipment and books.
Gumtree and Facebook buy nothing groups are great ways to give your items a new home. You might even make some cash.
There are many recycling services in Swan, many are free to residents. View recycling options.
Before booking a collection, please refer to the Terms and Conditions outlined on this page.
It is very important to correctly select the types of items that will be put out when you complete your booking. If you do not do so, some of your items may not be collected.
Note: rural properties cannot book verge collections. These properties are given a trailer (tip) pass instead. However, you can still book a mattress collection.
Up to three mattresses can be collected each financial year. This could be arranged as one collection (with three mattresses collected at once) or over multiple collections (up to three).
Mattress collections do not count towards your two household verge collections. However, you will also need to arrange a household collection if you need us to collect a bedframe or mattress base.
- Place items on your front verge, side verge or in a laneway (we do not collect from vacant blocks, parks or reserves)
- Do not obstruct the footpath, your normal bin service or the line of sight for motorists
- We will not collect items placed against walls, fences, poles, trees, sprinklers or utilities
- Put your items out by 6am the day of your collection
- Do not put items out more than two days prior to your collection, this could result in an infringement
- Ensure that your pile is no larger than three cubic metres in size
- Do not leave items not intended for bulk collection on the verge
- Separate waste into piles according to the type of waste it is.