Litter and illegally dumped items cause harm to our community and wildlife. They attract pests, facilitate the spread of disease and cause danger to pedestrians and cyclists by blocking pathways.
Report littering and illegal dumping
To report illegal dumping and littering, please follow these steps.
- Take note of the location.
- Take note of what you saw. We would appreciate a description of the rubbish such as size, quantity, material type. You can upload an image to our system if you have taken a photo.
- Report it online(open in new window)
- Register to be a Litter Reporter.
Tips for disposing unwanted items
If you need to dispose of unwanted items, there are many options available to you.
- Gift the good stuff and donate items to charity or sell online (e.g. via Gumtree or buy nothing Facebook groups)
- Visit a recycling centre
- Book a verge collection
- Visit Red Hill Waste Management Facility
Want to help?
If you are interested in helping to preserve our local environment, consider joining a community conservation group. There are plenty of opportunities to be involved, read about these on our Get involved page.