The City of Swan is planning to duplicate The Broadway, in Ellenbrook between The Promenade and Bordeaux Lane to reduce congestion and improve the road's safety and level of service.
The duplication will be staged over a minimum of four financial years (FY), with the proposed staging outlined below.
Find the latest updates on this project at the bottom of the page.
|Stage 4b (current)|
The onsite scope of works in each stage includes:
- service location and relocation
- geotechnical testing
- Vegetation clearing
- Construction of a new 2-lane carriageway in the road reserve on the eastern side of the existing carriageway
- Intersection upgrades/modifications
- Upgrading the existing street lighting
- Installation of new signage and line marking
Consultation will be done for each stage separately.
The City of Swan advises that there has been delays to the project due to utility service relocations. As a result, the City’s construction crews have demobilised from site.
During this time, some drainage work and utility relocations works will occur once scheduled. It is anticipated that road construction works will recommence in March/ April 2023 (earlier if possible).
Temporary fencing and signage will be in place to ensure the safety of the general public.