Dayton

dayton_800px.jpg

Dayton has been named In honour of the memory of Walter Warner Day "Wally". An English migrant, he arrived in the Swan Valley in 1912 and commenced work with Phil Taylor at the Wissanger vineyard.

Wally was decorated with the Military Medal in World War 1 and has owned several parcels of land throughout the West Swan area  - one he called "Swaisdale", and another that now forms part of Whiteman Park. He played a key role in the cattle and grape growing industries in the Swan Valley, was president of the West Swan Branch of the RSL and captain of the first West Swan Fire Brigade. A successful vigneron, he was awarded the Centenary Medal and a certificate for the best vineyard in WA during the centenary celebrations of WA in 1929. Content supplied by G Rogers.

Note: Dayton is a new suburb established post Census, therefore there are no ABS statistics available. 

Please find below information related to Structure Plans and Local Development Plans for this suburb.

 

 

Search