The City of Swan Volunteer Resource Centre is a “Gateway” to all things volunteering.
The Centre is operated through a partnership between the City of Swan and the Department of Communities.
- A free referral service to enquiring volunteers
- A free support resource to volunteer involving organisations in the City of Swan
We promote, educate and encourage volunteering in the community.
- A concept – an expression of a community-wide vision of volunteerism that is inclusive of peoples and causes.
- A place – where diverse groups and individuals can meet in mutual concern for the support of volunteers.
- A focal point - for visibility and coordination of volunteer efforts.
- Articulate the scope and vision of volunteerism to every audience.
- Convey the image of volunteering as something of true value, done by everyone.
- Advocate for the best engagement of volunteer efforts.
- Model the effective involvement of volunteers by recruiting people to work for and in our Centre.
- Do what single organisations and individual volunteers could not do alone by making sure that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Bring the most current volunteering trends and issues, as well as national and global perspectives, into our local community: and in turn, share then best of local volunteering practices to the larger field.
- Be flexible enough to grab onto new opportunities to increase volunteering.
- Work through and with community organisations to reach goals together.
The Universal Declaration on Volunteering best describes the values that the SVRC follow and uphold – “volunteering brings to life the noblest aspirations of humankind – the pursuit of peace, freedom, opportunity, safety and justice for all people. Connections can be made across differences that push us apart so that we can live together as healthy, sustainable communities, working together to provide innovative solutions to our shared challenges and to shape our collective destinies”.
If you would like to speak to someone about available opportunities please contact us at the Swan Volunteer Resource Centre.
Midland Volunteer Centre
Old Midland Court House
Appointments: 10am–4pm, Monday to Friday (closed Wednesdays)
Ballajura Pop Up Volunteer Centre
Ballajura Public Library
Appointments: 10am–3pm on Tuesdays (not currently operating)
Ellenbrook Pop Up Volunteer Centre
Ellenbrook Community Library
Appointments: 10am–3pm on Wednesdays
Bullsbrook Pop Up Volunteer Centre
Bullsbrook Community Library
Appointments: 10am-1pm on Thursdays
Telephone 9278 9690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your organisation or community group needs support in managing the current situation or bringing volunteers back on board, training, resources and support can be supplied by the Swan Volunteer Resource Centre. Please contact us on 9278 9690.
Responding to a Pandemic in WA(PDF, 1MB)
Returning Volunteer Programs and Volunteers during COVID 19(PDF, 820KB)