Tenders - Policies and Procedures
Whenever we tender for goods and services, we use the policies and procedures listed below to ensure all legislative and best practice requirements are met. These policies and procedures comply with the Local Government Act 1995 and the Local Government (Functions and General) Regulations 1996.
Achieving Value for Money
Open and effective competition is a key element in achieving value for money. All potential suppliers are given the same opportunities to compete for City of Swan business.
All procurement activities are run fairly and transparently, so as to achieve mutual trust and respect. We also maintain an ethical approach and embrace openness, honesty, diligence, fairness, trust, respect and consistency.
Documentation is essential in achieving accountability and transparency. It provides a record of procurement activities and how they’ve been conducted. As a minimum, we produce the following documents during the tender process:
- Procurement Plan;
- Tender/Quotation documents and statement of work;
- Tender/Quotation evaluation plan;
- Evaluation report and recommendation; and
- Report to Executive or Council.
All tender information is treated as Commercial-In-Confidence. In other words, it’s for use only by those working on the contract and remains otherwise confidential.
Generally, the City of Swan won’t release confidential information or information that could impact competition, unless we’re required to by law.
Efficient, Effective, Competitive and Transparent Process
The City is committed to conducting the procurement of goods and services in an efficient, effective, competitive and transparent manner. This is how we achieve this:
Efficiency – by using the procurement strategy best suited to the size and type of goods and/or services being procured.
Effectiveness – by using the best procurement process to attract the best outcome.
Competitive – by treating all potential suppliers fairly and giving them the same opportunities and information.
Transparency – by ensuring the procurement of goods and services is conducted in a fair, honest and diligent way and in accordance with our policies and procedures.
In accordance with the requirements of the Local Government (Functions and General) Regulations 1996 (as amended March 2007) the City of Swan has a Procurement Policy (POL-C-116)(PDF, 151KB)
to govern all procurement including those less than $150,000 in value.
The City of Swan uses a comprehensive suite of documented procedures covering all the requirements of the Legislation and Council Policy.
These procedures are developed and administered by the Contracts and Procurement business unit.
- General Conditions of Contract for Goods(PDF, 341KB)
- General Conditions of Contract for Works and Services(PDF, 368KB)
- (PDF, 336KB)General Conditions of Contract for Services(PDF, 336KB)
- (PDF, 338KB)General Conditions of Contract for Consultants(PDF, 338KB)
- General Conditions of Contract for the Supply of Artwork(PDF, 351KB)
- Disability Access and Inclusion Reporting Form(PDF, 6KB)
- Statement of Business Ethics(PDF, 153KB)
- Purchase Orders Terms and Conditions(PDF, 199KB)
Historical General Conditions